Saturday 7 March 2015

Assessed Activity - 2.3 Challenges


What are the biggest challenges for ubiquitous learning and individualised Digital Learning Technology?

Ubiquitous and individualised learning means that a person can learn something at any time of the day or night and any where they happen to be. There are several devices that allows one to learn on the go.

You may think one thing and I might think another so this would be great at the end of the blog if you could add your thoughts on the matter.

Technology is one of the biggest challenges I feel. Why? There is so much of it. 

What if it is not compatible with the end users? 

What if you to video a lesson and broadcasting it at the same time for students to participate. 

First of all one would have to think 'What would I need to make this happen?'

Well, what would you need? Hardware and Software 

What kind of hardware and software.

You would need a computer, internet access (wifi), a mouse, speakers, a webcam, a drive, a projector, desktop, browser, Adobe Connect and a smart board to name but a few. Gosh, think of the cost of all this technology - it is so expensive and one also has to think of the upgrades. What about the availability of all this technology too (and understanding how it works, individually and together).

That's only part of the challenge to ubiquitous learning. 

What happens if there is no connection or the server goes down. Or things have been moved and you can not find them?

What happens if the learner does not know how to connect to the correct place to learn?

I feel that another great challenge to this type of learning is the learner themselves. 

It is hard to master new technology and all that it entails.

Being on this course is a prime example of all the challenges to be faced whilst learning in this manner. I for instance have had to learn all about blogging (don't know if I have mastered it yet) and all that it entails. Will I still have my privacy? Can I connect when there is a lesson, can I hear the teacher. What would happen if my keyboard packed up and I couldn't type to let the teacher know that I was in the class. Being an international student this is important to me as to get a visa to study you must attend class (is being online technically in class)?

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment