Sunday 8 March 2015

Assessed Activity 3.1 - Implications of Digital Learning Technologies in Organisations


I am to discuss the role of three digital learning technologies and their role within the organisation set up of a college.

Matthew Hancock, Minister of State for Skills and Enterprise (2014) wrote in his forward (as a response to the research and report from FELTAG that the power of technology can transform education.

What digital learning technologies are used within college. I looked at the EIT website, which is run by Moodle. Moodle is a learning platform designed for educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments. (Moodle, 2015)

This page enabled me, as an International Student, to see the programme list - courses available to me, if I choose to study at EIT.

The Moodle platform then allowed me to register online. This page asked for personal details which were then entered into a database system. This information contained data that was private and procedures had to be followed to ensure that this data was 'safe' and that there was no 'redundant' data.

I was able to chose at which location I wished to attend, ask questions, pick my course and ask for accommodation if I required it.

Online classes are also available - thus giving a student the option of studying from home. This requires digital learning technologies for the tutors have to make the material for which the student needs to access - both paper based and online. There are lots of different things that are required for online learning, such as computer access, internet, microphone, smart-boards, servers, to name but a few. 

Without these technologies EIT could not transform education in the way that they have today.

Do you like to study within the classroom or would you prefer to learn from home? I think that a mixture of both is the best way forward for me.

REFERENCES



No comments:

Post a Comment